Restarting daemons after portupgrade/portmanager

Axel axel at glemsk.net
Fri Jul 24 23:12:49 UTC 2009

Hello! I have a question concerning port upgrades.

mysql51-server stops automatically during upgrade (using portupgrade or
portmanager), and is properly started again based on a AFTERINSTALL
setting in pktools.conf.

So far, so good. But what about the other daemons that still seem to run
after upgrade (Apache, Courier IMAP etc)? Are the new version running
fine after the upgrade, or should I set AFTERINSTALL to do a restart of
these daemons, to make sure they run the upgraded version?

Thanks!

Axel