jpeg-7 - rebuild all dependencies - how?

Ewald Jenisch a at jenisch.at
Fri Jul 24 13:14:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 01:58:28PM +0100, Daniel Bye wrote:
> Ooops! My apologies - it seems that an earlier version of UPDATING did indeed
> say to pkg_delete.
>
> Ewald, I'm sorry for sounding so patronising - I feel like a total fool now.

Hi Dan,

Now I understand - in my UPDATING that comes from a cvsup I did
yesterday it reads:

------------------------------ < Cut here > ------------------------------

20090719:
  AFFECTS: users of graphics/jpeg
  AUTHOR: dinoex at FreeBSD.org

  jpeg has been updated to 7.0.
  Quick instructions:
        pkg_delete -r jpeg-6b_7
  Please rebuild all ports that depends on it.

------------------------------ < Cut here > ------------------------------

whereas the /usr/ports/UPDATING in a system I cvsup-ed just a minute
ago reads:

------------------------------ < Cut here > ------------------------------

20090719:
  AFFECTS: users of graphics/jpeg
  AUTHOR: dinoex at FreeBSD.org

  jpeg has been updated to 7.0.
  Please rebuild all ports that depends on it.

  If you use portmaster please use:
        portmaster -r jpeg*
  If you use portupgrade please use:
        portupgrade -fr graphics/jpeg

At least this problem is sorted out now in UPDATING so others fall
into this trap. As for my problem I think I'm gonna rebuild my ports
"by hand"...

-ewald