Bruteblock

Grant Peel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Thu Jul 23 20:23:54 UTC 2009

Ruben,

>From the docs for proftpd:

"By default, proftpd will log via syslog(3), using the daemon facility (auth
for some logging), at various levels: err, notice, warn, info, and debug
(debugging is done at this syslog level). The location of the server's log
files in this case is determined by your /etc/syslog.conf configuration. "

"If the site administrator wants to have proftpd log its messages to a file
rather than going through syslogd, the SystemLog configuration directive is
the one to use. There is only one such file kept for the entire daemon. See
the ServerLog directive for keeping a similar log on a per-vhost basis. "

The docs go on to say that if the system admin opts to use the SystemLog
directive, the default (syslog, auth and authprive) will automaticly be
disabled. Logging to syslog is the default.

CHeers,

-Grant