NFS- SAN - FreeBSD

Grant Peel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Wed Jul 22 00:42:16 UTC 2009

Chris,

Again, thanks for the info.

I only have one server with a PERC (raid) card installed, and I beleive it
is an older PERC 3 DCI, and doubt it would do the job. I would not be able
to add more PERC cards to the other machines.

I am looking to have the connections all done via Ethernet. Again, the
connections would be local (device to my switch, switch to the individual
servers).

Does this mean I should be considering iSCSI, or, since the connections will
all be on a local network, that I can continue to consider NFS?

Any takers?

-Grant