FreeBSD 8.0 & updated OpenSSH version

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 20:10:45 UTC 2009

I noticed on the FreeBSD 8.0 page that OpenSSH is being updated from
4.5p1 to 5.1p1. [MERGED]; however, according to the OpenSSH page, the
present version is OpenSSH 5.2/5.2p1 released February 23, 2009.

I was just wondering why the FreeBSD team decided not to go with the
latest stable version available? since the latest version was released
in February, there appears that time was not a factor.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated but not be able to say it.