Why this flash drive not detected in devd?

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net
Sun Jul 12 18:42:35 UTC 2009

On Saturday 11 July 2009 00:36:09 Sagara Wijetunga wrote:

> I prefer to handle mounting through an automounter even without KDE
> running.

I think most users want to handle the disk based on the content not on the
device that has the disk. Ideally I would want my desktop to:
1) automount below a root that I can configure
2) when a disk is labeled, use the lowercase version of the label as
mountpoint, resolving conflicts using 2-digit serial suffixes.
3) when a disk is not labeled, mount it temporarily using a unique name (f.e.
using uuid(3)), provide me with an option to label it
   a) if yes, label and remount, asking me to abort if this means disk content
gets lost
   b) if no, show me where it's mounted.

Of course, YMMV, but I really don't care if my SD card with my photos is in
the built-in SD card holder, in the camera itself or on an USB SD card reader
I plugged in. I want my photos to be under ~/photos each time.
--
Mel