Quantum tape drive

Jaime jaime at snowmoon.com
Wed Jan 28 14:06:57 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Wojciech Puchar
<wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
>> When reading from the tape using tar (bsdtar from FreeBSD 6.2 -- and,
>> yes, I'm preparing a cvsup as I write this :) ) the tape drive's Alarm
>> and Fault LEDs are lit up and then camcontrol devlist no longer shows
>> the tape drive.
>
> TERMINATION PROBLEM

I was thinking of that...  I shut down the server and checked the
usual suspects (terminator on the cable, SCSI IDs, etc.) but didn't
find anything out of place.  Also, the same command in Knoppix (Linux)
using /dev/st0 (the Linux equivalent of /dev/sa0) appeared to write to
the tape and then list the items on that tape.  I didn't see how long
it would take, though.  In retrospect, maybe I should have let that
run longer.  :(

How certain are you that its a termination problem?

Thanks,
Jaime