which video card for dual monitor portrait?

Sean Jensen-grey seanj at xyke.com
Mon Jan 26 15:19:32 PST 2009

I like to use dual monitors in portrait mode.  I am running Freebsd
7.1 STABLE which uses release 7.3 of Xorg afaik.

What video card runs

  * Multimonitor
  * Rotated

using the built-in xorg bundled with Freebsd 7.1?

I attempted to use an ATI X1650 PRO which has an RV535 core, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_R520#X1650_series

xrandr -o left

resulted in screen0 being rotated 90 degrees to the left but ending up
on screen1 and very slow.  I assume that the "good stuff" in xorg for
these cards is in 7.4 and 7.5 releases.

What cards allow one to run dual monitor (single card dual dvi) in
portrait mode? I am interested in setups that are currently running.
Exact make and model of your card along with an xorg.conf would be
awesome.

Sean