USB problem during install

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Fri Jan 16 03:09:08 PST 2009

I was just running a check to see if I could install FreeBSD on my tv
server and check the driver situation, but the cdboot failed with a usb
issue- address not found. This occurred for 7.1, 7.0, and even 6.4. In
my search I found many different reasons why it could be, but they were
several years old (related to 5.x etc).

Its always the same address 0x7fef1620, and I believe its the same port
too.

Currently the usb devices connected are an APC UPS, a Shintaro usb
wireless keyboard with builtin mouse, a multi card reader, and I have
two dvico tuner cards (dual fusions) which a dual dibcomms on each card
connected to the system via their own usb chip.

Based on my observations its actually hard to say which port is the
problem, as the drivers are loaded and fork their own processes, so the
error can show up later.

Any ideas?

Cheers