can't find an internal flash reader that doesn't crash 7.1

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Thu Feb 26 19:10:19 PST 2009

On Thursday 26 February 2009 14:04:06 Steve Franks wrote:

> I've tried several.  I have a need of this - anyone have one that
> works with our USB stack?

If it crashes 7.1 because you didn't unmount before unplugging, for the time
being that's a given. There's work in progress to change all the kernel locks
involving mounting in general, so that mounted devices can be unplugged
without crashes, but this will take some time. Maybe 7.x, more likely 8.x.

If it crashes when being plugged in, then you really had a bad buy streak,
since we use several different brands, price ranges and hardware interfaces
including sdmmc(4). Only crashes we experience (livelocks actually) are with
Kodak cameras, directly into USB.
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.