ALT key kills window/application

devindg dgarcia.tamu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 18:01:56 PST 2009

I don't know if this is a WM issue or an X issue, but whatever it is, it's
hard to diagnose. This nuisance started to occur after an upgrade of all my
ports.

I ran Xev and pressed ALT to see what it would return. Here it is:

ClientMessage event, serial 33, synthetic YES, window 0x1800001,
message_type 0xdd (WM_PROTOCOLS), format 32, message 0xdb (WM_DELETE_WINDOW)

This doesn't tell me much, but perhaps it says more to others. Beyond this,
I have also looked at the key bindings for Compiz-Fusion, but nothing is out
of the ordinary.

Some quick details:
(1) 7.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE

(2) X.Org X Server 1.5.3