After freebsd-update - all went wrong.

Marwan Sultan dead_line at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 24 15:47:52 UTC 2009

Dear Poly,

  /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts and /etc/rc.conf

  are untouched.

  The only problem that freebsd ignores the "defaultrouter" line in /etc/rc.conf

  and just for the archives, kernel has been restored to default,

  but i have recompiled my kernel and its okay.

  I will today use the ordiary freebsd update (csup) and see if this will fix what

  freebsd-update broke- and will update this list.

  This is a lesson for me and everyone to never run freebsd-update on a custom kernel

  system, however It shouldnot produce such problem. (i think)

 Thank you

- Marwan Sultan

  System Administrator