KDE3 --> KDE4

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Fri Aug 7 02:08:54 UTC 2009

--On August 6, 2009 7:15:18 PM -0500 Andrew Gould
<andrewlylegould at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Paul Schmehl<pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com>
> wrote:
>> Can someone who has already done this upgrade suggest the best way to go
>> about it?  Do I need to completely uninstall kde3 first?  Is there an
>> upgrade path that's not fraught with gotchas?
>>
>> --
>> Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst
>>

> Unless things have changed very recently, KDE4 is in its own directory
> folder.  This may imply that KDE3 and KDE4 can coexist.
>
> As always, YMMV.

I was looking for something a little more definitive, like I upgraded like
this, and here's the problems I ran into.

I don't want to run KDE3 and KDE4 side by side.  I want to migrate from
the former to the latter.

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own
and not those of my employer.