Looking for fast graphical web browser

James Phillips anti_spam256 at yahoo.ca
Sat Aug 1 19:23:05 UTC 2009

"(Firefox) is a redesign of the Mozilla browser component, similar to Galeon, K-Meleon and Camino, but written using the XUL user interface language and designed to be lightweight and cross-platform. "
- http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/iceweasel

The Original Poster ruled out dillo because it did not have enough features. I fear any "featureful, lightweight" web-browser is destined to be "bloated" like Firefox, or as some people suggest, Opera.

The introduction of the Document Object Model (and CSS) with HTML 4.0 means fast Lynx-style single-pass rendering is out. JavaScript means that websites can use an arbitrary amount of CPU time (sometimes deliberately), unless throttled.

Regards,

James Phillips