Fetching directories inclusive subdirectories on HTTP server via fetch or othe FreeBSD-own tools?

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 1 09:09:18 PDT 2009

Hello.

I run into a problem I can not solve. I need to fetch a whole directory
tree from a public remote site. The top level directory and its
subdirectories are accessible via ftp:// and http:// so I tried fetch,
but fetch does only retrieve data on file basis and does not copy a
whole directory tree recursively. The remote site does not offer
sftp/sshd for that purpose.

Is there a simple way to perform such a task with FreeBSD's own tools (I
try to avoid installing 'wget' and sibblings)? I need to keep it simple,
task should be performed via cronjob.

Please eMail me.

Thanks in advance,

Oliver