Audio Production

Nash Nipples trashy_bumper at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 20 17:41:12 UTC 2008

> > m cassar schrieb:
> >
> >> Does anyone here use freebsd for serious
> audio/video production work? or
> >> know if there is some kind of community?
> >>

> > Didn't try it, but http://ardour.org/ looks like
> what you are looking for.
> > See http://www.freshports.org/audio/ardour/
> >
> > --
> > Timm
> >
> thanks but this wasn't exactly what i was asking about
> in the original post.
> ardour *is* in ports, as with most other good open-source
> audio applications
> ( and propbably the best program out there - though i'm
> new) but what i was
> looking for is related to custom/optimizted kernels either
> known as
> low-latency or real-time kernels in linux; to help reduce
> recording
> latencies, audio dropouts, etc. like studio 64 rt-kernel on
> ubuntu, planet
> ccrma on fedora.
>
> what i was trying to find out is whether there is such
> projects on freebsd,
> or more importantly, if freebsd kernel had the potential to
> be similarly
> optimized. (not that i myself have any expertise, [hence my
> question])
>
> on the other hand, if you are interested in audio programs,
> ardour is good,
> hydrogen is good and fun. not to mention easy.

i have experienced a delay when i was recording voice and sort of laying it on a track. but removing a few miliseconds off the beginning didnt make a big trouble for me and thats when i have discovered this phenomenom but thought it was rather because my sound card is old. is this any close to something that you mean?