problem using multiple monitors with gnome on FreeBSD 7

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Wed Sep 10 10:46:17 UTC 2008

I did a new install of 7.0 on a system equipped with an nvidia 4 video port
card with just two monitors attached.

Xorg --configure worked fine, and setup xorg.conf correctly for both
monitors.

When I bring up X with gnome as root, both screens get used just
fine.  However when I bring up X with gnome as a regular user only one
screen is used.  So the problem appears permission related but I'm sure
could be a configuration error as well.

So if anyone has any advise on how to fix this, or where to look, I'd
appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,

         -Derek
         derek at computinginnovations.com