Google Chrome

RW fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com
Thu Sep 4 00:36:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 00:47:34 +0200 (CEST)
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> > For most people that's already happened, except that it's
> > Adobe-Flash WWW. Google's approach of open-source software, and
> > open-extensions, leading to new standards, sounds a lot better to
> > me.
>
> except it leads to google-everything. not even a bit better than
> microsoft-everything

There's a lot of difference. Microsoft has always tried to undermine
standards because standards give its competitors a more level-playing
field, which is what Google needs for its webapps to compete with
Microsoft's desktop applications. I don't see how that's bad for
anyone except Microsoft.