mysql

Derek Belrose derekb at realgeeky.com
Wed Sep 3 20:33:51 UTC 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 2:49 PM, Mad Unix wrote:

> I need to replicate MySQL DB of mulltiple server on SiteA to my DR-
> Site
> Site_B... all DB
> are alocated on RHEL,SuSE,Centos,Debian, FreeBSD servers.
> I need a script to take Multiple MySql DataBase Backup and then
> import to
> SiteB, the replica
> can be done as cold or hotbackup and cron it

Do you want replication or to copy the binary databases?  You can just
copy the databases:  shut the server down, copy the database files
over using scp.  Or, you can set up replication where anytime you
write to Site A you write to Site B.

The latter is more work to setup but it's near instant replication
while the prior is done at a scheduled time.

-Derek