Cron Question

ElihuJ chinocubus at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 15:45:54 UTC 2008

Hi all. I have a question about cron jobs that seem to be running to long or
with multiple copies of itself. For example, I have a backup script that I
run that seems to make multiple copies of itself. If I view the running
processes I see numerous instances of the same cron job. Is there something
I can do to limit this from happening? When it does, it drains my CPU and
some of my other processes are non responsive. Any help would be
appreciated. Thank you.