Forwarding all mail to a local user

Ivan "Rambius" Ivanov rambiusparkisanius at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 01:00:51 UTC 2008

Hello list,

I have the following questions. How can I forward all mail sent to
<anyone>@localhost to a rambius at localhost, where rambius is my own
user account in my FreeBSD system and <anyone> can be anything
including a user name that does not exist on the local machine?

The reason I want this is the following: I am researching a CMS system
called e107. When users register in it with their email addresses they
are sent an activation email in which they have to click in order to
activate their accounts in e107. Right now I have e107 installed on my
laptop and I am registering some user accounts for testing purposes. I
do not want to create a local system account (with adduser) for each
different user - I just want the activation message sent to the email
address <anything>@localhost to be forwarded to rambius at localhost so
that I can rd iead from my mailbox and activate the test users.

I have default sendmail installation as provided by the base system
with no modifications of my own. This is my first time  dealing with
sendmail and I will be grateful to any advice and hints. Thank you in
advance.

Regards
Rambius

P.S. I am using 7.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD if this matters.

--
Tangra Mega Rock: http://www.radiotangra.com