bluefish question

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Mon Sep 1 00:58:42 UTC 2008

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 15:47:14 -0700
Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

> and/or is there an easier markup editor
> in ports?

hi gary!

i tried bluefish, but didn't like it personally.

kde's quanta is excellent and has lots of convenient features and uses
the very advanced kate as a basis - you don't have to run kde in order
to run kde programs. if you liked bluefish, i think you'll really like
quanta.

despite my fondness for quanta, i have ended up using emacs for the
past several years with the built-in html-mode (or you can splurge with
html-helper mode, though i found it a bit too elaborate). emacs
might take a bit more work to figure out in the beginning but it is a
really good all-purpose editor because it is as extensible as it is.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's