crons and syslogd not running

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Fri Oct 31 17:56:34 PDT 2008

Hi,

I upgraded from 5.5 to 6.3, and I've noticed that many of my cronjobs defined
in /etc/crontab don't seem to be running anymore. I have nightly jobs that
obviously aren't running, and /var/log/cron makes no mention of them.

Looking for logs, I found syslogd down, although cron was up.

Any idea of where I should look? Stability problems in syslogd?

Thanks,
Mike
--Albert Einstein