WINE 21.1.5 QUESTION...

RW fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com
Sun Oct 26 12:24:53 PDT 2008

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:55:26 -0700
Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

> 	Maybe somebody here can clue me in on how to get a 1998,
> windose3.1/w95 French-learning game to work on my newly built wine.
> I asked on the Ubuntu forums and altho somebody did try to help; Zip.
>
> 	I do not have a clue to the DOS-path; it's a CDROM and since
> I'm using the top CD/DVD optical drive, I'm guessing that it D:\;
> right? since C:\ would be the harddrive.

I don't know that you actually need to know that. I think you could
probably just mount the disk, cd to it, and install or run it from the
command line.

> 	Otherwise, no clue.  The disc is due back at the library soon
> so I want to make the most of it ... even if it does crash every 355
> minutes!

You might also try dosbox if the game is DOS compatible.

In the mid-nineties at lot of games were either pure DOS applications
or had separate windows/dos binaries on the disk, 1998 is a bit late
for this though.

> The disc is due back at the library soon

I doubt anyone would care if you copied it at this stage.