gmirror prerequisite question

Dino Vliet dino_vliet at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 4 13:34:37 UTC 2008

Hey freebsd list,

I've bought a secondry HDD to attach to my server running freebsd 7.0. I want to enable gmirror on it (will reinstall everything from scratch), but I want to know if my hardware is setup correctly as a prerequisite for doing this operation.

The command

dmesg | grep Seagate

Yields:

ad4: 76319MB <Seagate ST380815AS 3.AAC> at ata2-master UDMA33
ad6: 76319MB <Seagate ST380815AS 3.AAC> at ata3-master UDMA33

Can I assume everything is ok now and can I start the reinstallation? Why I'm in doubt is because of the master/slave thing I was expecting but that seems something of the IDE world as I have bought two Sata hard drives and connected it with sata cables to my motherboard.

But just checking to be sure.

Brgds and thanks in advanced!
Dino