7.0-RELEASE-p6 problem amd64 daemonology
bsd at todoo.biz
Tue Nov 25 07:27:13 PST 2008
Hello I have updated my server (Intel Modular server) using the
# freebsd-update install
And I am now facing very weired issues only on amd64 servers I am
Servers boots and then freezes when It launch "ipfilter". This is not
a low level freeze, simply all access to the server are disabled.
- Single user boot does not work.
- SSH access does not work either.
These servers were working perfectly before this update…
What would you suggest to get out of this situation…
1. Rollback to the 7.0-RELEASE-p5 which was stable and worked well.
--> If so how can I access the server knowing that single user mode
does not work?
--> Can you describe me the stages I would have to go through - I am
not very used to this kind of situations.
2. Deactivate ipfilter (is there a way to do that at boot time without
editing /etc/rc.conf ) ?
3. Deactivate all services at boot time (is there a way of bypassing
at boot time the rc.conf file) ?
Thanks for your support.
Gregober ---> PGP ID --> 0x1BA3C2FD
bsd @at@ todoo.biz
P "Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing
More information about the freebsd-questions