Stick memory USB

Chuck Robey chuckr at telenix.org
Sun May 25 18:28:41 UTC 2008

nej ALL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new on FreeBSD not on unix.
>
> I want to mount automatically an usb-stick memory into my machine ?
> I get some problems.
>
> Need help.

You're trying with your devfs stuff to create the file, but you have to realize
it's a device representing a filesystem, not just a file.  What you want to read
is the mount and fstab man pages, mount to find out how to mount your memory
stick, and fstab to figure out how to get it to happen automatically.  The devfs
stuff is all mistaken, I think, you want that when you want to change
permissions or make softlinks of devices, not to create them in the first place,
 least that's how I';'ve always used it, and I know very well that the correct
line in /etc/fstab WILL automount your memory stick.

I could give you the exact line, but I think you would rather look that up
yourself (I know I would).