cvsup executed from crontab

David Banning david+dated+1211727165.a25df2 at skytracker.ca
Tue May 20 15:19:59 UTC 2008

I am using cvsup for backup, so I control both the client and the server.

Works fine everytime stand-alone, but when I execute via crontab it
appears to stall - then restart. Eventually there is so many copies of
cvsup running at the same time it starts to bog down the client.

I noticed in the man page there is the "-d 0" or "-1" option. Not sure if
that will fix it - I just can't figure out why it works OK when executed
manually as simply eg. "cvsup supfile" but stalls and starts anew when
executed via crontab.