iscsi multiple sessions per target support

Raja Subramanian rajasuperman at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:11:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm using FreeBSD 7.0 RELEASE on amd64 and want to connect
to an iSCSI storage array that has dual SAN controllers.  I have
two independent paths between my FreeBSD box and the storage
array -- dual NICs, ethernet switches, and controllers.

Given my situation, I want to ensure I get better performance and
failover by using both my paths to the iSCSI target.  I can't seem
to find this covered in any of the man pages or the handbook.

My storage array supports multiple sessions per target.  Does the
iSCSI initiator in 7.0 RELEASE support this feature?

If supported, how does one go about configuring it?

I'm sorry if this question is already covered in the literature.

Thanks in advance for any help!

- Raja