Questions from a Total samba Novice.

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri May 9 16:45:07 UTC 2008

Warren Block writes:
>Some alternatives have been mentioned, but you might also consider
>mount_smbfs(8).

	I hope I managed to thank each of you who responded as I
feel like I know where I need to go next thanks to all the great
suggestions.

	I would have had to enabled nfs client if using
mount_smbfs, correct?

	When I built the system in question, I did not enable
nfs capabilities and don't really want to if I can avoid doing
so.

	It sounds like smbclient fits the bill for now, but
thanks to all of you for making things more clear.

	It seems that /usr/ports/net/samba3 gives one a whole
boatload of possibilities.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer