living with freebsd

Gemma Fletcher slvhwke at burlesquechic.com.au
Mon May 5 10:46:39 UTC 2008

prad wrote:

> do you use only ports or only packages or a mixture?

I use ports 99% of the time.  If only use the packages if I need something up
and running asap.

> do you upgrade from version to version using freebsd tools or do it
> manually?

manually.
> do you have a different approach regarding the above depending on
> whether it is for a server or a desktop?

I don't bother with a GUI for a server and I still stick with my 99% ports.
For my home desktop I use KDE which I start from the console. It's dual
booted with XP atm since I can't make WoW play through FreeBSD. :P

--
Gemma Fletcher
Burlesque Chic
slvhwke at burlesquechic.com.au