7.0-RELEASE && panic after ~4 hours

Szilveszter Adam sziszi at bsd.hu
Mon Mar 31 22:02:43 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 05:35:05PM +0000, Alphons Fonz van Werven wrote:
> Sam Leffler wrote:
>
>> I am aware only of issues with USB adapters being removed while
>> wpa_supplicant is running.
>
> Actually, there's more I'm afraid.
>
> iwi: Don't know because I don't use that one. But it's a "cousin" of wpi and
>      if I'm not mistaken it was the same person who initiated development of
>      both drivers.

You did not specifically name any problems, but I most decidedly cannot
confirm brokenness with iwi, as it stands now. Earlier I also used to get
firmware crashes (but I not only use WPA2, but also a hidden SSID, which
may complicate matters even more) But these are gone with recent
-CURRENT (and yes, this is 8-CURRENT in this case), I use it without
probs right now.

FWIW, I also had good results with ral(4) (but did not try ural(4)).

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Budapest