7.0-RELEASE && panic after ~4 hours

Vince jhary at unsane.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 21:40:23 PDT 2008

Alphons "Fonz" van Werven wrote:
> Vince wrote:
>
>> Not true. under 7-current for me wpa works on my wpi adapter.
>
> Care to elaborate on what you did? Because in my and some other people's
> cases
> we can't get wpi to work with wpa_supplicant no matter what we try.
>
> Alphons (as can be seen in some previous threads)

Nothing special. Oh and Thats 7-STABLE not current (sorry was following
7 as current for ages and forgot its finally stable :)

All i need to do is
ifconfig wpi0 up
then
wpa_supplicant -i wpi0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

I can send my wpa_supplicant.conf if you like (but later as my wife is
using that laptop booted into windows.)

The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 640m

Vince