FreeBSD 7.0 nvidia-driver woes

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Tue Mar 18 12:17:48 PDT 2008

Darren Spruell writes:

>  Is it worthwhile to contact NVidia with bug reports? Does the
>  FreeBSD community amount to much of a blip on their radar? Do we
>  have a direct liaison in the community?

	nVidia is perfectly aware their chips aren't supported.  It clains
to be willing to write - and maintain - drivers ...
	... provided FreeBSD makes some chages in the kernel.  For more
information, google

	+Christian +nVidia +"John Baldwin"

	and click on the first result.  I am uqualified to opine on how
much work these changes would take, beyond this being Really Serious
Stuff(tm).  If it's really important, there's always starting a fund
to pay someone to do it.

				Robert Huff