Compile error, kde related?

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Sun Mar 16 18:12:22 UTC 2008

On Sunday 16 March 2008 12:56:22 Leslie Jensen wrote:
> Leslie Jensen skrev:
> > Mel skrev:
>
> I've tried to make a fresh instal of FreeBSD 7.0 and there is libthr
> linked as it should be. What I don't understand is that on the system
> where I have the problem I did a pkg_delete -a after it was upgraded to
> 7.0, and manually deleted everything left in /usr/local before starting
> over with the ports.
>
> Can I manually link uic to libthr and would it be a clean hack or?

Nope. But I would be interested to see what the line is that compiles uic. And
what configure produces.

I still think there's something '6.x-ish' going on here, but without knowing
how uic gets built, it's anyone's guess.

Could you try the following:
cd /usr/ports/x11/qt33
make clean
mkdir /var/log/portbuilds
make build >/var/log/portbuilds/`make -V PKGNAME`.log 2>&1
make -V CONFIGURE_ARGS >> /var/log/portbuilds/`make -V PKGNAME`.log
cat `make -V WRKSRC`/config.log \
	>>/var/log/portbuilds/`make -V PKGNAME`.log

Then put that log up somewhere if you have webspace, or try to find references
to '-pthread', 'libpthread', 'libthr' and the final link command that makes
uic.

It's probably some setting you have or some stray library that causes this and
until you get it resolved, you can't trust any threaded application you build
from ports. Or, it's specific for qt, but I highly doubt that.
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.