Java based Content Management Systems on FreeBSD?

Matthias Apitz matthias.apitz at oclc.org
Sun Mar 16 07:58:21 UTC 2008

El día Saturday, March 15, 2008 a las 11:43:04PM -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt escribió:

> Java is write-once, run anywhere.  As long as they run under the
> JDK that has been ported to FreeBSD then there's no problems.
>
> I know this is so because Sun Microsystems says so in their
> literature about Java.  Sun says that a language that can only
> run on 1 specific platform is no good, that is the entire point
> of why they wrote Java, according to Sun.

You can also write stuff in Java which only runs on one specific
platform, on Windows, because for example you make references to objects
in the file system as 'help.htm' while in real the file name is
'Help.htm', or you use specific DLL's for accessing devices which are only
available on Windows :-(

	matthias
--
b http://gurucubano.blogspot.com/