6.3 And VIA 8237S Controller

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Fri Mar 14 06:59:58 UTC 2008

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

One point of clarification I neglected to mention in the
description below.  I have not actually installed FreeBSD
on the disk.  I paritioned/labeled the disk with the install
disk, then rebooted the install disk, went into the Fixit
environment and manually mounted ad0x under the various
/mnt directories.  I then insert the USB drive into the
system that has a full image of FreeBSD from another machine
on it, stored in a tarball, and mount it under /mnt/mnt.
I then start to untar it (to load that image onto my
newly labeled disk), and that's when I see the errors.
The OS running at that time is the FreeBSD 6.3 Fixit
environment.

Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com