Using Install CD To Prepare Hard Disk

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Thu Mar 13 22:28:30 UTC 2008

I would like to use the CD install menus to only prepare the hard
disk (Partition, Label, Format) without actually installing anything on
the drive.  Can this be done?  There seems to be no "None" option for
Distributions, and I cannot find the right magic to make the installer
go ahead and prepare the drive w/o resorting to at least a minimal install.

I assume if the answer is "no" then that means this has to be done
manually from the fixit command line????

Thanks,
Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com