Variable Substitution

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Sat Mar 8 18:32:24 UTC 2008

On Saturday 08 March 2008 14:48:52 Victor Subervi wrote:

> No, no, I have made myself misunderstood. I am looking for a %x where x is
> some letter that will enable me to substitute a file. Also, I am looking
> for a howto to brush up on that. What is this called if not variable
> substitution, which is not google-friendly?

Ah you can't. %x substitution only works on primitives and char arrays,
meaning, numbers of various sizes, letters and strings of letters.
There's also date formatting (strftime), but that's about as far as it goes.

A file is not a 'thing', it's a container of things, so it's very
hard 'format'.

But like Eric said, it helps to know what language you're using and what you
got so far and what you want to do.
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.