FreeBSD 7.0 BIND high ram usage and weird transfer msg

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Fri Mar 7 20:04:21 UTC 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008 17:23:05 Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wrote:

> etc changed
>         user expected 0 found 53 modified
>         gid expected 0 found 53 modified
> etc/namedb changed
>         user expected 0 found 53 modified
>         gid expected 0 found 53 modified
>
> Freebsd always resets them unless we run named as root

That looks like mtree messages, so that's probably because you run named
chrooted as per rc.conf. And this is good, /etc/namedb should not be
writeable by the nameserver.

       dump-file       "/var/dump/named_dump.db";

under options should get rid of one.

And I suspect that in your slave zones, you don't have:
	file "slave/mydomain.net";
              ^^^^^^
but rather some file in /etc/namedb.

--