kern.ipc.maxpipekva

Colin Adams colinpauladams at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 2 13:04:17 UTC 2008

I'm getting error messages about this when trying to run my program.
As far as I know, I don't use IPC at all, although I dare say it is
used in one of the libraries that are linked in.

After googling for this error, I edited /boot/loader.conf to set it to
65000000 (a nice big number?), and now if I do:

sysctl kern.ipc.maxpipekva

I see:

kern.ipc.maxpipekva: 65000000

but I still get the message.

I also get a lot of messages saying:

Fatal error `Cannot create kernel pipe' at line 294 in file
/usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_init.c (error = 24)

Why does this occur, and what can i do about it?

Thank you.