Hello

Vince Hoffman jhary at unsane.co.uk
Fri Jun 27 22:17:06 UTC 2008

Chance Hoggan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you have any programming projects needing done that is suitable for a novice?
>
> When I say novice I have been using freebsd for around 3 years and developing for around 4. I want to understand the freebsd operating system better and I am looking for some guidance that would give me a place to start understanding how the system works. I mean more in the system code.
>
> Even if you do not have any projects if you could give me some tasks that would equally be great.
>
> Regards,
> Chance

Hi,
	I believe http://www.freebsd.org/projects/ideas/ is a good place to
start. Also try asking on the -current or -hackers mailing lists.
	I've noticed that if you find something that seems interesting and
start work on it then ask specific questions you are more likely to get
useful replies than if you ask more general questions. That said i'm not
a developer so don't feel you need to pay too much attention to my
suggestions as they are purely based on observation not
instruction/experience :)

Vince