Portsnap behind proxy squid not update

Sahil Tandon sahil at tandon.net
Sun Jun 22 04:25:33 UTC 2008

Edgardo Nuevo <darknighter at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a proxy (squid) that gives Internet to a set of pcs, one of
> them is a FreeBSD 6.2, when wanting to upgrade ports (
> portsnap fetch)  gives me the messages following:
>
> PC1 # fetch portsnap

Did you mean (and actually type) 'portsnap fetch'?

[...]

> But I fail to upgrade ports, then modify the
> file. cshrc and leave it well
> # ee. cshrc
> setenv HTTP_PROXY http://10.0.1.1:3128

No need to specify the port in your case; 3128 is default for HTTP_PROXY.
Does your proxy server require authentication?  If so, you need to specify
authorization parameters as outlined in man fetch(3).

> setenv FTP_PROXY ftp://10.0.1.1:3128
> setenv FTP_PASSIVE_MODE ftp://10.0.1.1:3128

BTW, although FTP_PASSIVE_MODE is enabled by setting it to anything other
than 'no', you probably want to set it to something logical like "YES"
instead of just re-listing the proxy URL. :-)

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at tandon.net>