FreeBSD fdisk how to?

Unga unga888 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 10:45:01 UTC 2008

--- On Fri, 6/20/08, Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
> Subject: Re: FreeBSD fdisk how to?
> To: "Unga" <unga888 at yahoo.com>
> Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
> Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 6:32 PM
> >>
> >> newfs,mount,copy files,umount
> >>
> >> bsdlabel -B disk
> >
> > But this does not create slices, does it?
>
> yes. because slices are not needed if you want freebsd-only
> disk - that's
> why i asked for.

IC, sorry may be I did not make myself clear enough then. The fdisk statement I ran only with one partition entry is to learn fdisk, that's why I ran in test mode.

I need at least 2 partitions, one for FreeBSD 7 and other for FreeBSD 8. I need two slices for that.

I still need to understand clearly how to create slices in FreeBSD. I know 4 slices per disk can be created.

The question is, is what I posted on my first post sufficient to create slices correctly?

Btw, thank you very much for so many replies without giving up :)

Unga