problem with dovecot and mysql at boot

Manolis Kiagias sonic2000gr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 11:37:34 UTC 2008

Nicolas Letellier wrote:
> Hello.
>
> In my rc.conf, I have:
> dovecot_enable="YES"
> mysql_enable="YES"
>
> At boot, I have this error:
> Jun 16 12:34:16 trinite dovecot: auth-worker(default): mysql: Connect failed to localhost (panel): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) - waiting for 1 seconds before retry
>
> I think it's because mysql is started after dovecot. How resolve this, and specify to launch dovecot after mysql is running?
>
> Best regards,

Are you sure this is what's happening? I have mysql and dovecot, and
dovecot starts after mysql in my system.
Try something like

rcorder /etc/rc.d/*   /usr/local/etc/rc.d/*

or

dmesg -a |more

to see the startup order. Do you actually have to start it by hand after
boot, or does it really start on the retry?