Openvpn on FreeBSD 7

Nejc Škoberne nejc at skoberne.net
Tue Jun 10 07:02:26 UTC 2008

Hey,

> I was using it because I could then assign my laptop the same IP easily
> through my router (a separate device with DHCP) and also have hostnames
> pushed through DHCP. But I imagine in my case I could do the same thing
> with a tunnel.

Actually I don't think you can do the same thing with a tunnel. You have
to use a different IP addresses for the tunnel itself. Have you read the
OpenVPN manual?

> Yes, I did: 'tcpdump -i tun0'. Nothing shows up on the server, but on
> the client (OS X) I can see the pings being sent.

This means that there is a problem with the OpenVPN connection. Can you show
the tail of your logs on both sides?

> proto tcp

Why are you using TCP anyway?

Bye,