question about posting to FreeBSD mailing lists

Tore Lund tl32 at next.online.no
Mon Jun 9 11:59:06 UTC 2008

Novembre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to answer the posts in the mailing lists if one is not
> subscribed to the list and does not receive them in his mailbox? From time
> to time, I see posts which I can actually answer and contribute to, but
> since I'm not subscribed to the lists, even if I post an answer to the
> person asking the question and CC it to the list, it doesn't regroup with
> other posts on the same topic. Is there any way around this?

Besides what Randy wrote, several mailing lists are mirrored to
newsgroups.  I subscribe to muc.lists.freebsd.questions, even though I
am subscribed to the list.  (I prefer not to receive all that stuff as
e-mail.)  When answering a post, I have to edit the addresses, but my
answer is then threaded properly.
--
    Tore