Input method doesn't work with QT applications. Anyone able to type Chinese into QT apps?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Sat Jun 7 09:07:42 UTC 2008

Hi Jyun-Yi,

I am using bash.
And XMODIFIERS, GTK_IM_MODULE and QT_IM_MODULE variables are all set to
the values you wrote.
But in QT applications the prompt window doesn't pop up as in GTK ones.

I am not setting any of LANG/LC_ALL/LC_CTYPE to Chinese.
This may be related to the problem.
When I set all of those to zh_TW.UTF-8 gcin begins to pop up the prompt
window from QT applications just like from GTK. But after selection the
word doesn't appear 9in the editbox.
But I don't want to use Chinese locale since this makes all applications
speak Chinese. And I only want to be able to type Chinese words.

Do you know how to achieve this?

Yuri