Can't mount my iPhone - Maybe it need not be mounted?

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Jun 2 13:01:58 UTC 2008

Quoting Tom Ierna <tom at shockergroup.com>:

> On Jun 1, 2008, at 5:13 PM, Joshua Isom wrote:
>
>> To be able to mount your iPhone, you're going to have to
>> essentially  void the warranty and risk turning it into a pretty
>> paperweight.  It  sucks, but that's the way it is.  But at least
>> you can charge your  iPhone using FreeBSD.
>

> If using libgpod through gtkpod only requires the iPhone be
> jailbroken, the above is not true. Jailbreaking your iPhone does not
>  void the warranty, and there is very little chance of bricking it
> by  just jailbreaking it. Bricking used to be an issue when mucking
> with  the radio firmware, but jailbreaking doesn't touch that stuff.
>
> To jailbreak an iPhone, check out http://ziphone.org/

Hi Tom.  Thanks for the link and clarification.  AFAIK, my iPhone is
"Jailbroken" because I'm using it on a Mexican carrier, TelCel and if
I understand correctly, it would have to be to use the TelCel chip.

Ziphone is a bit slow but I'm going to go through it and see if I can
find the reason why I'm not able to get a mountable device created.

Thanks again for your help,

ed