email disclaimer <insert; remove and instert>

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 11:13:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 7:07 AM, lyd mc <alydiomc at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi darko,
>
> What I mean is adding a disclaimer/boilerplate for any outgoing message just like mimedefang feature. However, I don't want it to be redundant. For example if a mail already contains my disclaimer (usually mail from a reply message), it should be relocated next to the new message not at the bottom of the reply message.
>
>       new message body <here>
>       new message body <here>
>
>       Disclaimer      <---- new location of disclaimer
>
>      ---------------old messages <here>----------------------
>
>       old message <here>
>       old message <here>
>
>       Disclaimer      <--- to be relocated

I can tell you it is "impossible". Why?
While you can actually write a script to try to do it, you'll more
likely end up breaking the e-mail format, because it will not be too
easy to rightly guess the content-type/boundaries in replies.
Well, take a look at procmail, with a client like mutt... you can do
fancy things, but not the type you want!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,